Christian marriage is a gift given by God to God’s people for the well-being of the human family. For Christians marriage is a covenant through which two people are called to live out together before God their lives of discipleship. It is a sacred and holy rite, consecrated by God.
Our Wedding Coordinator
Our Wedding Coordinator will assist you in creating the inspiring and heartfelt ceremony of your dreams.
Our Pastor/Wedding Officiant
Our Pastor or Wedding Officiant will be happy to work with you to discuss the service and any questions or concerns you may have as a couple as you enter marriage. Please contact us at 954-523-6472 to schedule an appointment. Our Pastor/ Wedding Officiant will consider your personal requests and include them in the service as they deem appropriate.
How to Reserve Your Wedding Date
- Call the church office at 954-523-6472 to make an appointment with our Wedding Coordinator to tour the church and set your wedding date. If you decide to have your wedding at The Church By The Sea you will need to completely fill out a wedding application which must include the dates and times for both the wedding as well as the rehearsal. Also a $350 non-refundable deposit to secure the date on our church calendar needs to be included along with the wedding application. The remaining balance must be paid no later than two weeks prior to the wedding date.
- When the date has been confirmed, and several months prior to the wedding, call the Pastor/Wedding Officiant to set up a date to meet.
- Eden Hall is available to be rented for your Wedding Reception. It can accommodate up to 120 guests. Our Eden Hall/ Events Coordinator will be able to assist you in booking your reception in Eden Hall.
- For more information you may also e-mail us at
Our Music Director, Christopher Kane, provides the organ music for all wedding ceremonies. He can be reached at 954-463-2833. He can help you in selecting appropriate music either in person or on the phone. He can also assist you in hiring additional musicians or soloists should you desire them. Mr. Kane must approve all music that will be performed.
Flowers and other decorations must be fitting both to the nature of the worship service and the sanctuary. Pew decorations may be attached with large rubber bands or ribbons. No tape, thumb tacks, nail, screws, or clamps are permitted. Runners are also not permitted. Flowers will not be able to be delivered and arranged until one hour before the wedding service and should be in place 30 minutes prior to the start.
Photography and VideosAll photographers and videographers must make themselves known to the Pastor and Wedding Coordinator prior to the service and will be required to follow strict guidelines for camera placements.
On the day of your wedding, you may have full use of the grounds and the church one hour prior to the ceremony. You may also use the church and grounds for 30 minutes after the service for formal and group photos.
- Confetti, bird seed, live flower petals, or rice may not be thrown inside or outside of the church. Bubbles are permitted outside the building.
- All decorations must be removed immediately following the service so that the church can be prepared for other services that may follow.
- Rehearsals and weddings must start on time!
- The latest time a wedding or rehearsal may begin is 5pm
Fees and LicenseA marriage license issued by the Clerk of the Courts (201 SE 6th St, Fort Lauderdale. Rm#270. 954-831-6600.) must be presented at the time of the rehearsal. Marriage Licenses in Florida are good for 60 days from the date of issue.
The fee for the wedding is $1,400.00 for the services of the Pastor, the Wedding Coordinator, the Organist, and use of the facilities. Any other special services will be extra. This includes the $350 non- refundable deposit to reserve the date. The remaining balance is due at least two weeks prior to the wedding date